Friday, September 12, 2008

Renovations have kept us busy this last month not to mention, asthma & drywall dust do not work well together. Now it is mid-September, I feel pushed for time with travel to Guangzhou, China looming in mid-October & no guidebook available except one I create. As a result, no Paris Travel Memoir yet, maybe I shouldn't have written it down. Art, my husband, thought Travel Memoir was too high flutetin a name for a project, but I wanted to include everything - photos, paintings, sketchbook & art journal(collage, etc.). I am blocked, overwhelmed & really scared of the art journal part, basically I don't know what I want to do with it & don't have enough time. I have to create something, so I'm moving on, shelving Paris for a while. Art has mentioned, we may be going to Paris next year so I can always pick it up again.

In the meantime, Guangzhou, China, which looks to be monumental in it's new architecture. I hope to find a few quiet places to sketch, old & new architecture, Chinese & Western style architecture, gardens & street scenes, too. We will be there 7 days instead of 4 days, which will give me a little more time to paint in the sketchbook as well as sketch.

Below is one end of the renovations, the kitchen.


Kitchen Before with my husband, Art.


Kitchen After - so far.


As a treat for myself, I bought this fountain spout fish to draw at Lowe's.



Above & below are two quick Tree Island sketches I did yesterday.




Below the photo of the actual Tree Island.

1 comment:

S.Alexander said...

Like the new colors, Susan. The kitchen is looking really good. Thanks for letting me know about your blog and Happy Birthday, hope you had a great one!