Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Color Painted Pillows

What I did over Vacation.

Color, color, color always makes me happy. The more color the better as it makes my heart sing. I paint to stay sane & I paint color to further heal my broken heart. Over the Christmas holidays, which are always difficult for one reason or another, I retreat to the safety of color. This year, I madly painted 2 ikea pillows w/ as much color as I could.

Color process - all my favorite colors in 1 basket, paint a color, then decide which color would look best next to it. I would continue on until 2or3 colors were painted, choose another 2 spots to paint the same color combination. A bit bright green background color painted 1st, complement to the purples. A bit turquoise painted on either ends of the pillow, then brought the background colors across the pillows in diagonals. 2nd pillow much the same as the 1st, but I painted more of the background before finishing the flowers. This resulted in more variety of background colors & not straight diagonals. Love the way both came out.

Next project of this sort - paint my purse.

No comments: