Thursday, October 6, 2011

iPhone 3GS = Hope

At a time when I was depressed, completely in despair, the lowest point in my life, battling so much pain I curled up under an electric blanket, hoping I could get out of bed & continue to walk, my dear sweet husband brought me home an iPhone 3GS. Some people will say how could an iPhone make such a difference in my life. Well, it signified hope, hope that even if I ended up in a wheel chair or bedridden, I could still create art & communicate with the world. Hope, I could live a rich and juicy life.

Now, it's true I had the help of doctors, especially Dr. Ann, but I never would have fought like I did to get off the drugs, find simple solutions to my pain without the iPhone. And, yes, my fight had started long before I received that iphone, but I had truly lost hope at that point. I had watched my grandmother Scott and my father struggle with pain, saw what not moving did to each of them, saw it start early, but I was determined to live active, happy and live long. I've made many changes in my life, yoga, less sugar, etc., but I couldn't have done it without the hope the iphone gave me, that I would succeed.

No comments: