Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Words for the New Year

I've been thinking a lot about 2009 word of the year, gentle. I have had a tough year in more ways than one, but I don't want to dwell on that. What I did realize sometime around July 2009, is that I hadn't really been all that gentle with myself. I am usually hardest on myself and I wanted to be more realist and softer with how I view myself and my reactions to crisis. I figured that if I was more gentle with myself, I would be calmer and could think clearer resulting in my being a better and a kinder person.

On to December 2009, the ladies at O'charlies asked me why I was so nice, I replied because I like to be. I realized that I am not as nice or considerate to my closest loved ones, my husband, Art, or Moby, my baby girl dog. Yes, I know everyone takes out things on those they love, but that doesn't make it right & it hurts your relationships in small ways, if not in large ways, too. Therefore, I decided for 2010 there will be 2 words, Gentle, since I don't feel I finished being gentle with myself, and kind for those I love the most, Art & Moby.

Words for 2010
Gentle & Kind
I hope you have a wonderful New Year.
I am looking forward to kinder, gentler and wonderful year for
myself, Art, my husband & Moby, my baby girl dog.

No comments: